What are cookies?
Cookies are text information sent by server and saved on your device, most often on a hard drive. Only the server which sent cookies can read this information thanks to default cookies settings. Cookies are usually used in the case of surveys, e-shops, login modules or website statistics.
Cookies may contain various information about people visiting particular website and history of their communication with the website or, precisely, the server. Most often, cookies are used to allow the server to generate websites specially for particular users. Thanks to this, it is possible to create personalized websites as well as log into websites and make online shopping not only possible, but easier. Cookies may also be used to gather statistics information about activities within the website.
- we use them to read and analyse the statistics of, e.g., Google AdWords and services like Google Maps, Facebook tools and videos posted on YouTube.
- Cookies may also be used to ensure the security or to detect frauds within the website.
- Thanks to cookies, we can adjust the content of our websites to the preferences of users. This helps us to optimize its functions and make it more user-friendly.
- We maintain the user's session (after logging in), thanks to which you can use the website without re-typing your login and password on each subpage.
- Cookies also prevent the situation that the same survey is presented to one user multiple times.
Saving cookie files may be disabled in settings section of your browser. You can learn more about disabling cookies by contacting the producer of your browser.